As pet owners many of us know we have all had our fair share of bloopers, with most of them so good we could develop our own blooper reel. As with every year, Bain and I have shared experiences where we wind up with a good story to tell at the end. Today, I decided to share those stories.
1.) The Water Bowl
Bain and I both have a routine in the morning, but unfortunately on one after I filled his water dish I forgot to set it down on the floor. Poor guy went without water the entire day I was gone. Of course, he didn’t seem to care much!
2.) Tumble at the Park
Bain had a play date with a friend one night, so we went to the park in the evening for some off leash play at the gated tennis courts. We were there for only a couple of minutes when he was running with his fur friend and he ran into me taking my legs out. All 5’2 and a half of me went into the air and landed on the cement, leaving me with a dented camera lens, terrible bone bruising on one knee and a bruised up elbow. No bones were broken, but it just proves the meaning of our blog name “Gogo Dogo”.
3.) The Blade of Grass
Bain loves to eat grass, I know they some say it would have to do with stomach issues or that he is not getting enough nutrition in his diet. However, I really just think he enjoys eating grass. The aftermath is not so fun, and when he defecated in the morning there was surprise sticking out of his butt – a blade of grass. Guess who had to pull it out? Me, after he decided to run around the house like a maniac with it flapping in the wind.
4.) The Birthday Balloons
I purchased a large set of balloons for a friend’s birthday, and when I brought them home I let Bain check them out (bad mistake). He went back and forth from being excited, then scared. Then, he charged for the balloons and got caught in between the strings. He decided to run around the house with the balloons and strings attached to him to try to get them off. I was sure he damaged at least one of them, but the balloons remained intact and the result was a very embarrassed friend on her birthday when she saw them. Success.
5.) Poked in the Eye
This is actually an ongoing occurrence. Every now and then when I go to pet Bain, I will poke him in the eye by accident. I shame myself every time!
6.) The Bra
I left one of my bras on top of the dryer, and when I came home the ties in the middle were meticulously torn apart, though the rest of the bra remained intact.
7.) The Coat
Again, I forgot to bring my coat with me in the morning so it was left laying on the couch. When I came home, the fake fur on the hood was ripped off.
8.) The Nail
I decided to pick up dog poop during an arctic blast in our region. I broke a nail, and now only clean up when it defrosts.
9.) The Gate
I was bringing in some plants to the backyard and the gate was slightly ajar when I was moving them in. Bain squeezed out and thankfully only ran to the neighbours yard to visit their dog. I never thought I could pick up a 100 lb dog, but I did that day.
10.) The Door
When I have guests over I will usually put Bain in the bedroom first, then let him out a couple of minutes afterwards. I was rushing one day, so I went to go to the bedroom door to open it. It’s an older door, so it requires some maneuvering. I didn’t open it quick enough and Bain ran directly into the door. I had to laugh, he will probably get me back.
So there you have it, a yearly round up of our blooper real. There will be more to come, I’m sure. In the meantime, we’d like to hear some of your pet bloopers! Tell us some funny stories that involve you and your pets!